Who We Are And What We Do
SellerLegend Limited (“SellerLegend”, “we” , “us” or “Company”) is a limited liability company based in the United Kingdom with headquarters at 5 Masters Orchard, Wattons Lane, Southam, Warwickshire, CV47 0JD. The Company develops SaaS applications for Amazon Sellers. This means that we build web software that Amazon Sellers (our “Subscribers”) can use to access their Amazon sales data (our “Service”).
With our Subscribers’ authorization, we communicate with Amazon systems for the purposes of retrieving our Subscribers Amazon sales, inventory, products, shipments data as well as data about our Subscribers customers (“Amazon Buyers”).
For the purpose of data protection legislation, SellerLegend Limited is the Data Controller of the Subscriber’s personal information and the Data Processor of the Amazon Buyers personal information.
What information do we collect from you?
We will collect and process the following types of data about you:
Information you give us.
This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address and phone number and financial and fiscal information. Please make sure you keep this information up to date by using the profile facilities in the SellerLegend application.
Information we collect from your use of our site.
With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, such as the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the Internet,
- Whereabouts you connected to our service,
- Your internet service provider (ISP), and
- What type of device you are using to access our service;
Information we collect throughout our relationship.
This is information relating to your activities while using our Services, i.e. which security functions you perform (login, logout, change passwords, reset passwords, send invites to guests, which pages you access, and other similar functions) as well as which pages you access.
Information we receive from other sources.
We are working closely with other organisations, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and others. When you click on an advert about us or download from a social media site we may receive information about your profile and your expression of interest from those sources.
Why do we collect this information?
We use this information in the following ways:
Information you give to us or which we receive from other sources.
We use this information for the following purposes:
- If you contact us by email or by filling-out a registration form, we may keep a record of your contact information and correspondence, and may use your email address, and any information that you provide to us in your message, to respond to you.
- In order to take steps necessary to assess whether we can enter into a contract with you and in order to perform our contract with you. This includes carrying out our obligations to you and providing you with our, or a third party’s products and services;
- For the purpose of improving our service to you, to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- To deal with any legal queries relating to your use of our service;
- To provide you with service communications so that we can perform our obligations to you. These may be sent by email. These will include notifications about changes to our service, event details and information about products that you have signed up to;
- To provide you with marketing communications including, with your permission, information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about; or
- In our or a third party’s legitimate interests of keeping customers up to date with goods and services, increase awareness of us and third parties within the market, making promotional offers and generating new business, building and maintaining loyalty or market share.
Information we collect from your use of the site.
We will use this information for the following purposes:
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
Information we collect throughout our relationship.
We will use this information for the following purposes
- To help us provide you with our services.
How long do we keep hold of your information?
We will keep information about you for a maximum of 6 years after the end of our relationship with you unless obligations to our regulators or tax authorities require otherwise or we are required to remove such data from our records.
Who might we share your information with?
You agree that for the purposes set out in the ‘Why do we collect this information?’ section above, we have the right to share your personal information with:
Selected associated third parties, some of whom we appoint to provide services, including:
- Business partners, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
- Customer survey providers in order to receive feedback and improve our services.
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries.
Additionally, we will disclose your personal information to the relevant third party:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- if we are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of our customers, our regulator, or others.
How is your data stored and kept secure?
SellerLegend operates or leases secure data networks and servers from Amazon Web Services located on the US west coast, as well as other reputable web hosting providers. These servers and networks are protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary, and only authorized individuals have access to the information provided by our Clients.
Notwithstanding such measures, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will be sufficient to prevent our computers from being illegally accessed, and the individual information on them stolen or altered.
We transfer personal data outside the EEA to the USA and Pakistan, but only to organisations who have either signed up to Privacy Shield or have other adequate safeguards in place.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
To the extent that you are accessing our application and website hosted the United States while domiciled outside of the United States, you acknowledge that the Personally Identifiable Information you are providing us may be collected and stored in the United States and elsewhere and therefore consent to the transfer of information to and storage of the information outside of your domiciled country.
To the extent that you are using our support and helpdesk system to obtain information or resolution of application issues, you acknowledge that the Personally Identifiable Information you are providing us may be transmitted to and viewed by our support staff in Pakistan and therefore consent to the transfer of information outside of your domiciled country.
Do You Disseminate Any Personal Information?
We may use third parties to help operate our website, authenticate users and deliver products and services, and may share your Personally Identifiable Information with our service providers, vendors, suppliers, and other third parties that provide products or services for or through this Service (such as website or database hosting companies, authentication providers, address list hosting companies, email service providers, analytics companies, distribution companies, credit card processors, helpdesk solution providers, tax management solutions, bookkeeping services, accountants and other similar service providers that use such information on our behalf). Unless otherwise stated, these companies do not have any right to use the Personally Identifiable Information we provide to them beyond what is necessary for them to assist us.
We may disclose aggregate statistics regarding user behavior as a measure of interest in, and use of our Service and e-mails to third parties in the form of aggregate data, such as overall patterns or demographic reports that do not describe or identify any individual user or Client.
Complying with Legal Process
SellerLegend reserves the right to use or disclose your Personally Identifiable Information and other information in response to court orders, warrants, or legal process, or to otherwise establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims or in the event you violate or breach an agreement with us. We may use and disclose your Personally Identifiable Information if we believe you will harm the property or rights of SellerLegend, its owners, or those of our other Clients.
Cookies And Tracking Technologies
Our website employs the use the various third party services. Through the use of our website, these services may place anonymous cookies on the Visitor's browser and may send their own cookies to the Visitor's cookie file. Some of these services include, but are not limited to: Google, Facebook, Twitter, Adroll, MailChimp, Sucuri, Intercom and other social networks, advertising agencies, security firewalls, analytics companies and service providers. These services may also collect and use anonymous identifiers such as IP Address, HTTP Referrer, Unique Device Identifier and other non-personally identifiable information and server logs.
You may opt-out from Google's cookies using their Ad Settings. You may also use the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page to opt-out of some third party cookies.
What are your rights?
Where processing of your personal data is based on consent, you can withdraw that consent at any time.
You have the following rights. You can exercise these rights at any time by contacting us at the address below or through the “Contact Us” or Support sections of our Sites.
You have the right:
- To ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes;
- To ask us not to process your personal data where it is processed on the basis of legitimate interests, provided that there are no compelling reasons for that processing;
- To ask us not to process your personal data for scientific or historical research purposes, where relevant, unless the processing is necessary in the public interest.
- To request from us access to personal information held about you;
- To ask for the information we hold about you to be rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- To ask for data to be erased, provided that the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, you withdraw consent (if the legal basis for processing is consent), you exercise your right to object, set out below, and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for processing, the data is unlawfully processed, the data needs to be erased to comply with a legal obligation;
- To ask for the processing of that information to be restricted if the accuracy of that data is contested, the processing is unlawful, the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or you exercise your right to object (pending verification of whether there are legitimate grounds for processing);
Should you have any issues, concerns or problems in relation to your data, or wish to notify us of data which is inaccurate, please let us know by contacting us using the following contact details:
5 Masters Orchard
Southam CV47 0JD
In the event that you are not satisfied with our processing of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority, which is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) in the UK, at any time.
Data Processing Agreement
If you are based in Europe and need standard contractual clauses signed to be able to use SellerLegend, please send us an email to email@example.com stating your legal company name and address, and we will email you a document to sign with all the relevant details.
Changes To Our Privacy Notice
This Notice may be updated from time to time. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our privacy notice.
Last Updated: May 24, 2018